Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A blue roof on the porch??? To keep haints away and huh Outhouse?


Granny's porch.... and outhouse, and yes we still use it!
Over the Mountain and up some more to Granny's house we went.......................

I can remember going to her house as a little girl.  She lived way on top of a mountain off a road called Roaren Fork.  As a young child, I could not understand why Granny did not have a TV or a phone.  She still cooked on a wood stove even though she have an electric one.  We would sit out on her porch with the roof painted blue.  I remember never understanding why my momma just wanted to sit out there and talk or why that roof was painted blue on the porch.  Now of course I know why, but the answer to those questions always perplexed me as a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment